The goal of the Miami Valley Human Resource Association (MVHRA) is to build and maintain at the highest level the best possible human relations in industry and commerce.
President Kelly O'Connor, PHR
MVHRA will be recognized as the region's leading resource to advance the value of the HR profession as a strategic business partner.
The City of Dayton is investing in the future while providing high-quality services to residents, neighborhoods and businesses.
- Member Login
- Events Calendar
- Advertising Opportunity
- Call for Presentations
- HR Links
- Job Opportunities
- Resume Postings
- Veterans Employment
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Meeting Locations
- MVHRA Partners
- SHRM Headlines
- Student Chapters
- MVHRA Newsletter
- Newsletter Archives
- MVHRA Benefits
- Website Help
SPECIAL DEAL FOR NEW MEMBERS!
Join MVHRA between October and December for 2016 and get access to all the benefits of membership for the remainder of 2015 for free! Sign up today and receive more than 14 months for the price of 12 months! Don’t miss out!
MVHRA members enjoy a number of benefits including:
• Reduced rates for monthly membership meetings with guest speakers and professional workshops
• Monthly newsletters
• Monthly legislative updates
• Earn HRCI credits, including strategic credits, towards your SPHR/PHR and SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP re-certifications
• Certification Study Group
• Free job postings & resume posting on MVHRA website
• Membership directory and numerous networking opportunities
• Free outplacement service for members in transition
December 2015 Luncheon
Tuesday, December 8, 2015 from 11:15 AM to 01:00 PM
Mindfulness in the Work Place
Speaker:William C. Parsons; Nine Lives Solutions.
11:15 AM - 11:30 AM: Registration & Networking
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Announcements & Lunch
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Speaker
This program has been pre-approved for recertification credit by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and SHRM Professional Development Credit (PDC).
Session Description and Speaker Bio
Speaker: William C. Parsons; Nine Lives Solutions.
Topic: “Mindfulness in the Work PlaceLearning Objectives:
1. Learn simple yet powerful strategies for recognizing toxic emotions at work; and managing and reducing stress—all of which contribute toward improved creativity and overall work productivity.
2. Improve decision-making skills in an ever-increasing complex work environment.
3. Enhance leadership skills by being more aware, present, and in the moment with employees, particularly during coaching and teaching moments.
4. Hear examples of major well-known companies that have implemented mindfulness programs in their workplaces.
Mindful Leadership in the Workplace focuses how the practice of mindfulness in our daily and work lives gives us the ability to focus our attention to become better leaders. As Harvard Business School Professor Bill George notes, “Mindfulness will help you clear away the trivia and needless worries about unimportant things, nurture passion for your work and compassion for others, and develop the ability to empower the people in your organization.” Mindful leaders focus on values, recognize and manage emotions and feelings, and are aware of their presence and impact on others.
Speaker Bio: Click HERE For Bio
Sinclair Community College
Building 12, Ponitz Conference Center
444 West Third St.
Dayton, Ohio 45402
All registrations are to be made online, even if you will be paying at the door. Members and guests must register online and then can pay online or can still pay at-the-door. To pay at the door, ENTER and APPLY the MVHRA Promo Code: MVHRAPAYATDOOR at checkout when registering online.
• Reservations must be received by 12:00 noon on the Friday before the event and if not, you will be charged an additional $ 5.00 for your luncheon ticket.
• Cancellations must be received by 12:00 noon on the Friday before the event in order not to be billed.
• Contact Cindy Fisher - firstname.lastname@example.org - regarding cancellations. All cancelled registrations are confirmed.