Miami Valley Human Resources Association
SHRM Dayton Chapter #0194 Ethical Relations Guidelines
The Ethical Relations Guidelinesfor the Miami Valley Human Resources Association have been designed to promote and maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct, both professional and personal, among its members. MVHRA members understand and accept personal responsibility to support and act in accordance with the following items, thereby assuring that all Chapter activities support the development, networking and educational intents of this professional organization. Members will endeavor to:
- Build respect and credibility among our members, employers and community.
- Provide leadership and direction to the organizations we serve in achieving their goals and objectives.
- Commit to continuous learning, skills development and application of new knowledge related to both human resource management and the organizations we serve (e.g., formal academic opportunities, certifications, etc.)
- Set the ethical standard and be an example by avoiding potential ethical conflicts (e.g., abuse of the MVHRA membership privilege to advance personal or corporate financial gain).
- Create and sustain a positive environment that values and respects the uniqueness and intrinsic worth of every member.
- Avoid any activities in conflict and those that may appear to be in conflict with the provisions of this document.
- Build trust among all members by maximizing the open exchange of information while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of such information.
- Support MVHRA goals and objectives.